Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hiatus and Hebrew

So it's no secret that I'm not the best when it comes to constantly keeping my blog updated. I confess, I don't really make time to sit down and write out my thoughts for the world to see in this format. There's not a lot of interaction on here, and I prefer mediums like forums which are better for discussion than my own little corner of monologue. Goodness knows I don't need any more time to monologue.

Anyway, the latest news is that I've just finished my Elementary Hebrew class in 6 weeks. After hundreds of vocabulary words, lots of formerly alien rules of grammar and almost mathematic like practice of construction and word breakdown, I've surprisingly really enjoyed it all and am excited to get into direct translation of Jonah, which will be on the docket for the coming semester. Not much else going on, really. We joined a new church plant nearby, and have really been enjoying it - even if it is a bit rough around the edges some days. Too much polish has never been something I enjoyed in a church setting anyway.

1 comment:

austin said...

congrats on the hebrew. i just visited a church plant last weekend as well... im glad to get to know whats going on with you again.